Minutes, July,2009

PRESENT: John and Monica Mckinlay, Tom Cashman, John Roberts, Johnny Gailey, Rod, Joan and Muhad, Helen Gestwich, Richard Cross, Joan Anderson
APOLOGIES: Katie Ferguson, John Maule and Norma Carlyon
ITEMS:
1. Holding our meeting in the cold reminded us that we had requested funds for a clubhouse. John will contact Ian Woolard re progress of ‘wish list’.
2. Helen suggested that we hold a Seed/Plant/Produce Swop and it was agreed that this could coincide with our monthly meetings. John will include this in his Newsletter which he will send out to all plotholders after the next meeting.
3. Joan asked where she might get timber for raised beds and Johnny knew of a scaffolding yard at Albion road which might sell old boards for a couple of pounds and Robert will investigate this.
4. Joan asked about the current situation re wet plots and possible drainage and will be in touch with Ian Woolard direct.
5. John Robertson is looking for a water butt and would be interested in any spare available on site.
6. Manure has now been ordered twice but there is still a demand. We will order one last delivery of 100 bags. Most are spoken for but anyone who wants some please add their name to the list.
7. In order to encourage improvements within the allotments prizes will be given this year for the most improved plot and children’s garden.
8. Johnny Gailey reported on the grants available and the need for a properly constituted committee. John will be in touch with Mr Sandells of Midmar to obtain the relevant format.
9. Waste Action Grant Programme has a possible 2500 pounds grant which would give us water butts for 40 plots. To demonstrate our work towards waste reduction a variety of actions have been suggested; BBQ open day; compost awareness.
10. B&Q give grants for up to 250 pounds which could be useful if we are to pay for our community hut from our own funds.
DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 7 MARCH, 2009 at 11.00

Comments are closed.